Are Entrepreneurs Really Greedy, or Just Unfairly Accused? – 246
Life as an entrepreneur can often feel a bit like living in your own world, isolated from “real life.”
E-commerce, specifically, evolves fast enough to make even the most experienced business owner’s head spin. How can we manage our personal relationships, success, and newfound lifestyle when things start to take off?
It can be uncomfortable to talk about, but that doesn’t mean we should shy away from it. Today we are discussing the perceptions of entrepreneurs (and why you shouldn’t be a slave to them).
On this episode of the AM/PM Podcast, Tim Jordan sits down with Lillian Roberts, founder of FinTech company Xendoo. Lillian’s entrepreneurial career started with humble beginnings in the arcade as a kid with some very clever pinball ingenuity. Since then, she hasn’t looked back, founding over a half dozen businesses – all in different industries and all without failure. Now that’s a track record worth celebrating. Today, Lillian enjoys success with Xendoo, an online bookkeeping service that successfully walks the tightrope between prioritizing technology and keeping business the way it should be: people first.
Lillian is living proof that being born with the entrepreneurial bug is just as effective (if not more so) than that infamous “silver spoon.” So much of running an online business revolves around the numbers. But what about our personal relationships that ebb and flow along the way?
In episode 246 of the AM/PM Podcast, Tim and Lillian discuss:
- 04:00 -- Lillian’s History of Hustle
- 09:40 – Growing Up Without Money and Striving for Stability
- 13:30 – “Every Relationship is a Mirror” – Navigating Personal Judgements
- 17:05 – No Hard Feelings – Distancing Yourself From Negativity
- 20:30 – Who Can You REALLY Listen to?
- 21:40 – Speaking in “Gestalt” Language to Share Experiences
- 26:00 – Let’s Talk About the “J” Word… Jealousy
- 28:20 – We All Want to Find Our Tribe
- 32:05 – How to Find Your E-commerce Family
- 35:45 – It’s Okay to be an Introvert!
- 38:00 – Killing With Kindness
- 40:20 – Upcoming E-comm Events (Including Prosper, the show of shows!)
- 42:50 – A Must-Read Book for All Business Owners
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on e-commerce and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Tim Jordan for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!