From Grammy Awards to Haiti: How this Rocker Found E-Com, Along with His Passion to Help Others – 200
The life of an entrepreneur is tough.
That’s until you have an opportunity to see what tough really looks like. Both Tim and today’s guest have experienced firsthand how difficult life can be in a developing country.
Today on the AM/PM Podcast, Tim Jordan welcomes Will McGinnis, a two-time Grammy Award winning musician who together with his band had a feeling that they were destined to do something more with the influence they had gained through their music.
Will started Haiti Made, a handmade leather goods store and social enterprise in order to empower Haitians and Haitian communities through sustainable and dignified employment.
In this episode you’ll learn a lot about Will, the people of Haiti and how capitalism and entrepreneurship can combine to make the world a better place.
In episode 200 of the AM/PM Podcast, Tim and Will discuss:
- 01:55 -- I’m Not Really Famous, I’ve Just Won a Few Grammys
- 02:55 -- “Why Are We Doing This?”
- 04:20 -- Connecting with Haiti’s People
- 06:00 -- How Do We Give Back?
- 07:00 -- Using Entrepreneurship and Capitalism to Create Positive Change
- 10:30 -- Dignity Through Jobs
- 13:40 -- Starting a Business in Truly Difficult Circumstances
- 15:30 -- In Haiti, Obstacles are Commonplace
- 18:10 -- Will’s Grateful for a “Built In” Audience
- 21:00 -- Operating in Four Lanes
- 24:45 -- Successful Businesses Need a Mission
- 28:00 -- Tim’s Time in Haiti After the Earthquake
- 32:00 -- What Helps Will from Getting Discouraged?
- 35:15 -- Will – “I Just Want to See People Live in Their Sweet Spot”
- 38:40 -- Start with a Killer Product, Then Do Good
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “join” our Facebook Group and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on eCommerce and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Tim Jordan for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!