Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email | | More
Peter Zapf from Global Sources – Freight Forwarding 101 – Alibaba alternative, negotiating with suppliers, Setting up Quality Control criteria, defending against fraud, shipping rates, when to use Air vs. Sea, palletizing, certifications, Insurances, Pre-Shipment expenses, How much deposit you should pay, Trade shows in China you should attend.
In this interview:
- Who is Peter Zapf?
- What is Global Sources?
- What does make Global Sources similar and different from Alibaba?
- What is a typical deposit when ordering the first time from a supplier?
- How can I benefit from acquiring inspection services for my product?
- Peter Zapf shares the importance of a quality control checklist.
- Peter Zapf talks about NDA and NNM contracts.
- Peter Zapf talks about Trading Companies and sourcing agents.
- How do I negotiate with Chinese suppliers in terms of pricing?
- Peter Zapf shares some best practices working with Chinese suppliers.
- How can I protect myself when dealing with new suppliers or factories?
- Peter Zapf shares need to know things about Chinese suppliers.
- What is FOB?
- Where can I save more, sea shipping or air shipping?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of sea shipping?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of air shipping?
- Peter Zapf shares things you need to know about shipping your product.
- How do I deal with regulatory compliance and safety requirements?
- Where can I go to know if my supplier has certain certification?
- What is a HS code?
- What is the importance of HS codes?
- What is a continuous bond?
- Peter Zapf shares the advantages and disadvantages of working with large and small factories.
- Peter Zapf shares tips on how to acquire the attention and work with large factories.
- Peter and Manny talks about bundling products from different suppliers.
- How do I know if I am dealing with a shady supplier?
- Peter Zapf shares regarding their trade shows and the advantages of attending one.
- How do I benefit from attending trade shows?
Listen to the podcast and learn more.
Please follow and like us: