The Danger of the 999 Amazon Shopping Cart Trick – AMPM PODCAST EP 181
Could you be getting inaccurate Amazon sales estimates with the 999 Amazon shopping cart trick?
Some may remember this old inventory hack in the early days of the AMPM Podcast to see how much inventory your competitors had left for their products.
The basic idea was that you visit a listing and add the product to your Amazon shopping cart. You also set the item quantity to 999, and if the seller did not possess that many items in his or her inventory, Amazon would alert you and tell you how many units of the product were left. You would effectively spy on a competitor and find out how much was left in their stock for that particular ASIN.
While it may seem like a clever Amazon competitor analysis idea, this spying activity may actually bring you more trouble than it’s worth.
On this episode of the AMPM Podcast, host Manny Coats talks about a few things centered around the famous 999 Amazon shopping cart trick, including:
- Guillermo’s trip to The War Room conference with Ryan Deiss and Roland Frasier from Digital Marketer in Las Vegas, Nevada
- What the 999 Amazon shopping cart trick is and how it works
- How accurate is calculating Amazon sales volume estimation with this Amazon shopping cart trick
- Is the trick better than using Amazon sales estimation software like Xray by Helium 10?
- The flaws in using the 999 Amazon shopping cart trick only to calculate accurate sales volumes on Amazon products
- The variables that can impact the accuracy of using the 999 Amazon inventory trick
- The Helium 10 alternative to using the 999 Amazon inventory checker
Enjoy the episode? If you found this episode helpful, be sure to check out our previous episodes for more insight into being a successful Amazon FBA Seller! Don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and join the conversation with over 22,000 prominent other sellers! And don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast!
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Manny Coats for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Want to REALLY Show Off Your Products? Get Professional Photography! Presenting your products with professional grade photography has been proven to improve sales on Amazon, so what more incentive do you need?
- Ready to Get Serious About Your Amazon FBA game? The Illuminati Mastermind offers monthly training for advanced level sellers. Reserve your seat today so you don’t miss out on this helpful webinar!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!