Assembly: Bridging Software and Community for E-Commerce Sellers – 236
One of the hardest parts of being an entrepreneur working in e-commerce is juggling the many different parts of running your business. Product research, keyword optimization, marketing, brand building and PPC advertising are just a few of the roles that online sellers need to assume. When you add in the financial element of running a (growing) small business, sometimes it can be too much. The solution for many is to reach out to a variety of companies that all promise to help with an element of the equation.
Today on the AM/PM Podcast, Tim Jordan speaks to someone who has the perfect answer to that dilemma. Sandeep Kella is the Co-Founder & CEO at Assembly. Sandeep says that Assembly’s goal is to build “a suite of software solutions that help existing small businesses run their business as well as open the door to new entrepreneurs.”
Assembly’s first acquisition was Helium 10. The company soon added Prestozon, OrderMetrics and Refersion. By marrying those software companies with community, content and training, Sandeep feels that Assembly will be able to support online sellers on every part of the merchant journey.
Who doesn’t want a suite of software companies to help them on their e-commerce path?
In episode 236 of the AM/PM Podcast, Tim and Sandeep discuss:
- 05:30 – What is Assembly?
- 07:00 – The Marriage of Software and Community
- 10:00 – Building Out the Assembly Team of Companies
- 12:30 – Simplifying Affiliate Marketing
- 15:30 – Sandeep Takes a Peek into an E-Commerce Crystal Ball
- 18:00 – Amazon’s 20 Year Head Start
- 20:45 – It’s Not Without Challenges, but Amazon is Too Important to Ignore
- 22:30 – What are the Most Important E-Commerce Platforms?
- 27:00 – Amazon’s Transparency is Making Affiliate Marketing More Viable
- 30:00 – An Intimate Understanding of Your Data is Crucial
- 34:00 – Complacency is the Biggest Risk for E-Commerce Businesses
- 37:00 – Globalization has Become a Multiplier
- 42:00 – A Look at Sandeep’s Library
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.