From Cracked Heels to Entrepreneurial Success – 199
Most of us are old enough to remember September 11, 2001 and have a sense of that date as a watershed moment. It’s as simple as before and after. Today on the AM/PM Podcast, Tim Jordan welcomes Lori Barzvi, an entrepreneur who on that unforgettable day, suffered the loss of a brother.
The evening before he had uncharacteristically called her out of the blue, spoke honestly at length about his own frustrations with work and ended up giving her advice that would start her on the path she’s followed ever since.
Lori was greatly inspired by her brother, but that didn’t mean that her path would be an easy one. She battled through a series of challenges before a chance comment on Facebook brought her, (and her product) to Amazon. It became much easier from that point forward and now she’s got a best-selling Amazon product and has established a name for herself in e-commerce.
This is an episode you don’t want to miss.
In episode 199 of the AM/PM Podcast, Tim and Lori discuss:
- 01:15 – An Intro to Lori
- 03:25 – A 9/11 Phone Call Leads to a Rough Start as an Entrepreneur
- 06:45 – 9/11 and the 103rd Floor
- 08:25 – A Year of Running Her Father’s Restaurant Was Enough
- 11:30 – A Liberating Pivot
- 14:30 – A “Relief” But Also, No Job
- 18:00 – Falling in Love with Dance
- 21:00 – A Two-in-One Product Born Out of a Challenging Shower Experience
- 25:00 – An Infomercial Company is Interested, But There’s a Catch
- 29:00 – The Product is the Easy Part
- 30:30 – Good Morning America to the Rescue (Temporarily)
- 33:50 – The “Buzz” Wears Off Quickly
- 35:30 – Failure Number Nine
- 39:00 – “Hold On, I Already Have an Amazon Product to Sell”
- 43:50 – Her Biggest E-Commerce Lesson
- 46:30 – “Are You Built for This?”
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “join” our Facebook Group and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on eCommerce and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Tim Jordan for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!