The When, Where, Why and How of Migrating Away from Amazon to an E-Com Store – 202
Hijackers, suspensions and difficulties communicating with buyers; these are just a few of the frustrations that Amazon sellers face every single day.
Still, as Amazon sellers we’re benefitting from having access to an enormous online marketplace right at our (virtual) doorstep. For a lot of us, it’s an emotional high wire act we walk as we build our e-commerce businesses.
Today on the AM/PM Podcast, Tim Jordan welcomes an entrepreneur who walked that path before deciding that he wanted to embrace the risks and the rewards of making a go of it on his own. Bryan Bowman is a digital marketing consultant who helps e-commerce sellers build successful off-Amazon companies. He admits that it’s not for everyone, though if you’re willing to do the work, many of the same things that help create success on Amazon’s marketplace work just as well off of Amazon.
This podcast might just help you decide to make that big leap. It’s just as likely to leave you relieved to have the weight and infrastructure of Amazon behind you.
Either way, after listening to this podcast, you’ll be better prepared to make those decisions.
In episode 202 of the AM/PM Podcast, Tim and Bryan discuss:
- 01:30 – The Road to an Off-Amazon E-Commerce Life
- 04:00 – A Pro Golf Career Derailed by an Injury Forces a Decision
- 05:30 – A Data-Driven 9 to 5 Job Gave Him an Appreciation for Numbers
- 07:30 – Flipping Furniture Offered a Glimpse of a Way to Make Money on Amazon
- 09:30 – Off-Amazon Challenges
- 11:00 – On Amazon, it’s Product First, Person Second; Off-Amazon, it’s Reversed
- 13:00 – What Makes for a Good Off-Amazon Product?
- 15:30 – Product Uniqueness and Irresistible Offers
- 19:15 – Your First Off-Amazon Baby Steps
- 21:00 – Buying Dollars at a Discount
- 23:28 – Is Shopify the Answer?
- 25:50 – These Platforms are Just Tools
- 28:45 – At the End of the Day, it’s Not “Your” Marketplace
- 33:00 – E-Commerce 3.0
- 35:30 – Bryan’s E-Commerce Challenge
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “join” our Facebook Group and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on eCommerce and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Tim Jordan for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!