Are You Making These Common BIG Amazon Seller Mistakes?
There are so many common Amazon seller mistakes made by new sellers that we had to make a second video! As a follow up to our first business mistake video for Amazon sellers, we asked the experts what other pitfalls new sellers should avoid to stay out of trouble when first starting out on the e-commerce platform.
Today’s answer’s focus mostly on house-keeping type issues that some seller don’t consider to be a problem until they get into legal trouble. Be sure to stay off Amazon’s radar for bad behavior by avoiding these common Amazon seller mistakes!
Today’s question that focuses on what Amazon seller mistakes to avoid is:
“What is the second biggest mistake you see new sellers make with their Amazon business?”
See the full Amazon Seller Secrets Revealed video here:
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Here is a more in-depth look at the expert answers:
More common Amazon seller mistakes include…
Lesley Hensell, Partner at Riverbend Consulting
“[One thing is] making sure you won’t have product quality problems down the line. The best thing you can do for product quality is to set up a defect tracking process from day one. That means you run the reports and you find out why you’re getting returns. Any kind of data you can get from Amazon and you log it, so anytime that there’s a return, you know exactly why. If you can actually watch these numbers over time, you’re going to know really quickly, “Oh no, that product has a 20 percent return rate. We need to take that down and find out why.”
Rolf Claessen, Patent Attorney, YouTuber, and SUNY Albany Graduate
“They are not registering their trademarks before they actually start their account and start selling. I had a case where a seller had a really cool name for a door stopper. The cool name was so cool that another person registered the trademark, then they told Amazon, “Whoa, we have trademark infringement.” Then they not only stopped my client from selling the door stoppers on Amazon but also took over the ASIN, the listing. So before you start selling under a certain name, be it your seller name or a product name or whatever–first register the trademark.”
Cynthia Stine, CEO of eGrowth Partners
“One of the biggest mistakes that new sellers make is, again, they just don’t set themselves up as a business, so they’re not serious. They need to be incorporated, they need to have a business bank account basis, credit card, they need to be set up as a business if they have intellectual property, and it needs to be trademarked. A lot of people kind of go in into this as kind of a lark to see how it will play out and whether it’s for them and Amazon really wants you to be a serious seller when you come to them.”
LOOKING FOR MORE AMAZON SELLER SECRETS REVEALED CONTENT?
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Manny Coats for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Want to REALLY Show Off Your Products? Get Professional Photography! Presenting your products with professional grade photography has been proven to improve sales on Amazon, so what more incentive do you need?
- Ready to Get Serious About Your Amazon FBA game? The Illuminati Mastermind offers monthly training for advanced level sellers. Reserve your seat today so you don’t miss out on this helpful webinar!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!