Before Taking the Plunge: A Pre-Launch New Seller Perspective – AMPM Podcast EP 190
On this channel, we have featured many people who have already launched a product, but what about a new seller who is getting ready to launch a product?
We talk to many sellers who have had success with their products, so for this episode, we wanted to change things up to concentrate on the experiences new sellers have before launching a product at all.
These new seller experiences can range from frustrations of settling on your product niche to dealing with a manufacturer. Thankfully, there are now many resources out there to help new sellers get educated about how to launch a new product, but not all courses are created equal.
Check out the video podcast here:
In episode 190 of the AMPM Podcast, host Manny Coats speaks with new seller Kala Myles. She has yet to launch her first product but has gone through all the experiences that make up the bulk of the seller journey such as product research, Amazon selling education, dealing with suppliers, and more.
Kala offers a perspective on Amazon selling that we don’t always think about but is critical to being successful: remembering those first crucial steps in the seller journey.
In this episode, Kala discusses many insightful experiences with Manny, including:
- 00:30 Introduction to Kala Myles
- 02:38 Kala’s Future First Product and Avoiding Hijackers
- 05:23 How Did You Get Started Learning About Selling on Amazon?
- 06:11 What Amazon Courses Should People Be Wary Of?
- 07:43 What Have Been Your Favorite Amazon Course So Far?
- 08:27 Kala’s Crazy Experience with Ordering a Logo
- 09:20 Kala’s Crazy Experience with Sourcing
- 11:10 What is Your Expectation 12 Months After Launching Your Product?
- 12:20 How Much Money Are You Starting with to Launch Your Product?
- 13:15 What is Your Minimum Order Quantity?
- 14:02 Starting with the Right Number of Units is Imperative
- 15:05 Securing Funding for to Launch Your First Product on Amazon
- 16:05 When You Don’t Want to Target a Top Keyword
- 16:44 Knowing Your Numbers
- 18:15 The Profitability Calculator
- 19:15 Interesting Ways to Increase Your ROI
- 20:31 Are You Going to Be Sourcing from China?
- 21:01 What Is One of the Biggest Mistakes You See Other Sellers Making?
- 22:10 What Are Your Ninja Tactics You Are Waiting to Employ?
- 23:51 What Products Do You Avoid?
- 24:34 What Sources Do You Use for Product Research?
- 25:30 Join the FBA High Rollers Facebook Group
- 25:58 Avoid Out-of-Date Amazon Courses
- 27:01 The Importance of Trademarks
Enjoy the episode? If you found this episode helpful, be sure to check out our previous episodes for more insight into being a successful Amazon FBA Seller! Don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and join the conversation with over 22,000 prominent other sellers! And don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast!
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Manny Coats for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Ready to Get Serious About Your Amazon FBA game? The Illuminati Mastermind offers monthly training for advanced level sellers. Reserve your waitlist seat today so you don’t miss out on this helpful webinar!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!
Have any thoughts on new seller issues? Let us know in the comments below!