Are 18 Hour Days the Secret to E-Commerce Success? This Expert Digital Marketing Consultant Disagrees – 197
It’s popular for those in the e-commerce ecosystem to brag about 18-hour workdays and juggling five or six projects at a time. To hear today’s guest tell it, that’s just one more example of the common business mistake of “going wide, not deep.”
Today on the AM/PM Podcast, Tim Jordan welcomes a New York Times best selling author and one of the most highly sought-after digital marketing consultants in the world. George Bryant uses his “Relationships Beat Algorithms” approach to business to help hundreds of the largest companies in the world and thousands of entrepreneurs ethically scale their businesses by deepening their relationships with their customers.
This episode is packed with enough information to fill an advanced level business class but feels more like an empowerment retreat for entrepreneurs.
Grab a bottle of water and get ready for important e-commerce revelations.
In episode 197 of the AM/PM Podcast, Tim and George discuss:
- 01:45 -- A Food Blogger Who Hated Cooking
- 03:00 -- Adding Value and Creating Relationships
- 06:15 -- Sales Versus Self-Worth
- 09:00 -- E-Commerce Marksmanship and Not Staring at the Target
- 12:15 -- A Little Distance Can Offer Perspective
- 16:30 -- Making Space for Reflection
- 19:10 -- “Timeouts” are Necessary
- 21:20 -- If You’re working 18 Hours a Day, You’re Doing it Wrong
- 23:30 -- Going Deep to Create An “Overnight Success”
- 27:00 -- Confusing Tenacity with Knowledge
- 29:00 -- Learning to Duck
- 32:40 -- Where is Your Customer Headed?
- 34:30 -- Duration and Direction
- 36:30 -- Avoiding E-Commerce “One Night Stands”
- 39:00 -- People aren’t Buying the Best Product, They’re Buying the Best Relationship
- 41:00 -- Going Deep, Not Wide on Social Media
- 43:40 -- Consistency Trumps Intensity Every Day
- 46:00 -- Doing $100,000,000 on a $79 Shopify Template
- 47:26 -- How to Get in Touch with George
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “join” our Facebook Group and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on ecommerce and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Tim Jordan for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!