More of the Worst Amazon Categories to Sell In for New Sellers
What people consider to be the worst categories to sell in is possibly one of the most contested debates among the Amazon seller community. Everyone has their opinions and experiences to back up their reasoning, but some categories are seemingly more difficult to succeed in than the rest.
In this episode of Amazon Seller Secrets Revealed, our Amazon experts provide what they feel are the worst Amazon categories to sell in, whether it’s too costly, too competitive, or renders low conversions.
Today’s question that focuses on the worst Amazon categories for sellers is:
“What is the worst Amazon FBA product category to sell in and why?”
See the full Amazon Seller Secrets Revealed video here:
Here is a more in-depth look at the expert answers:
Some of the worst Amazon categories to get involved with include…
Brian R. Johnson, Amazon PPC Expert
“Clothing categories would be tough to sell in because of the low conversion rates. Pet Supplies has a lot more competition than it should have. For some reason, a lot of sellers want to get into selling pet items.”
Cynthia Stine, CEO of Egrowth Partners
“The worst category to sell in, although many sellers will disagree, is going to be topicals because those are the riskiest [and] those are the ones that Amazon comes down on the most for. And they’re the most vigilant, so many of our clients come to us and they are selling basically topicals.”
Nathan Resnick, CEO of Sourcify
“I would say the worst Amazon FBA product category to sell in is the really bulky, heavy products. I’m not going to dive into a lot of category specifics, but I would say anything, where your cost of importing those products to FBA is really high, is going to eat into your margin. Even if you can charge a premium on those products–at the end of the day, it’s going to be harder to scale up because your shipping overhead is going to be so high.”
LOOKING FOR MORE AMAZON SELLER SECRETS REVEALED CONTENT?
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Manny Coats for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Ready to Get Serious About Your Amazon FBA game? The Illuminati Mastermind offers monthly training for advanced level sellers. Reserve your seat today so you don’t miss out on this helpful webinar!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!
Have more questions or suggestions on ? Let us know in the comments!