Building a Bigger E-Commerce Pizza with Tim Jordan – 196
Who doesn’t love to imagine a scenario where a couple hours a day is enough to say goodbye to the job and the nine-to-five grind? Should the Lamborghini be lime green or an understated silver?
As most of you out there in e-commerce know, it doesn’t work like that. With your sleeves rolled up, you might have been up half the night dealing with sourcing issues or customer concerns. One thing is true; entrepreneurship isn’t for the faint of heart.
Today on the AM/PM Podcast, Tim Jordan takes us on a journey from his early days in e-commerce to his time as a fireman and EMT working in field hospitals in Haiti. Along the way, he explains why self-care is such an important issue for those in the e-commerce space and encourages entrepreneurs to make sure not to equate profit with self-worth.
Tim’s not talking about keywords today; he’s talking about taking care of yourself and working hard. When you do that, it seems like good things often follow.
In episode 196 of the AM/PM Podcast, Tim discusses:
- 02:30 -- Entrepreneurship and an Unsolicited Piece of Advice
- 04:50 -- “I’m Actually Doing Pretty Well”
- 07:15 -- Sage Wisdom, or Complete Nonsense?
- 09:30 -- Top Orthopedic Surgeons Offer Tim a Different Set of Opinions
- 10:30 -- “You Don’t Need the Permission of Others”
- 12:40 -- Entrepreneurship is Hard Work
- 15:00 -- “Easy” Sells
- 18:00 -- Building a Bigger Pizza
- 20:00 -- Sharing Ideas and Increased Innovation
- 22:30 -- As Entrepreneurs, We’re More Than the Total of Our Business Success
- 25:00 -- Getting Out of a Bad Cycle
- 27:30 -- Researching Entrepreneurial Tendencies
- 30:00 -- Sometimes Businesses Just Fail (Then Get Back on Their Feet)
- 32:40 -- Taking Time for Yourself
- 36:20 -- Sharing is Caring
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “join” our Facebook Group and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on ecommerce and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Tim Jordan for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!